Sunday, January 3, 2016

Personal Happiness

For a long time I had fallen into a sort of trance. I wasn't necessarily sad, but I wasn't happy either. I was kind of blah. I just went out my daily routine without much effort. Today though I did something different. I started my day doing something that I haven't ever done. What it was doesn't matter, but what does matter is the fact that I messed with my daily routine. I had done something different and for some reason that had an effect on my brain. I don't know if I discovered something today or if I had just dug something that I already knew up into my conscious thoughts. I discovered today that if I want to be happy all I have to do is decide that I am going to be happy, and to take away any thoughts or people that make me unhappy. I know it's not always that easy to be happy. I understand that sometimes things happen, and in those times, it's okay to be sad. However, for me today, deciding to be happy was all it took. It was like the blink an eye. Before, I was kind of just there, then suddenly I had energy and a will that I was going to be okay and I was happy. I'm talking, turn the music up and dance around my room happy. It's like someone turned a switch on in my brain. I will do everything in my power to keep this attitude up for the remaining months of school. I need to do well. All I want is to succeed, and I know that if I can just keep up this feeling of feeling like I belong, then I can and I will succeed. I know it will be hard and there are things that are going to get in the way and make things more difficult, but I know that I can do it if I just believe that I can. There have been few times that I actually truly believed that I could succeed at the task at hand, and the times that I have believed, I have accomplished whatever it was. Life always takes some unexpected twists and turns to get us to where we are, but if we can just believe that we are where we are supposed to be, then we will be able to accomplish anything. If I can pass any sort of knowledge on to you, it will be to just believe in yourself. It doesn't have to be anything big. Believe that you can make it through an hour that you are dreading, or a class, or anything. Just believe that you can do it. I know it sounds silly, but if you truly believe that you will succeed, then you will. It may not always be how you expect it to be, but just believe in yourself. Life is a fickle creature and a force to be wreckoned with. You can beat the fight you are fighting if you believe you can. It doesn't hurt to rely on your family and friends, but let their belief in you, fuel your belief in yourself. That's all I have got to say. Just remember, you can be happy if you let yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment